Semi-recently I was nominated for this award again by Matt from Matt-in-the-Hat! Thanks so much for the award ^^ Since he didn’t assign me a topic I actually had to use my brain to think of something entertaining for you all (but it ended up blowing up and is currently in repair)
And like always, here are the rules:
- Display Award
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog)
- Share seven things about yourself
- Nominate ten bloggers
Awhile back I was nominated for the Lovely Blog Award where I talk about my pet peeves. Well, I thought I’d kind of use that idea again, but instead of writing about more pet peeves, I’d write about my habits. More specifically, on this one pet peeve here:
Speaking of driving, I despise traffic and dumb drivers. I commute to school and usually traffic is okay but I just stay a little longer at school I end up in traffic that can be up to 2 hours long.
1. I can’t drive with both hands unless the weather is really bad. It’s very uncomfortable to place them in the 2 and 10 positions (Noob position down below), which is technically the right and proper way to drive.
So where do I place my hands? When bad weather I use the Pro/Race Driver position and use both hands. On a daily basis I switch between right hand on the Douchebag position and right hand on the Mom position. Sometimes I’ll use my index finger in the left Mom position to keep balance.
2. I always have to check how fast I’m driving, otherwise I’ll end up driving 90. Unless there’s a sign that says they’re ticketing, I drive 5-10 mph faster than the speed limit. And on the expressway, I can run up to 90 or more. Of course, after I got my first and only speeding ticket, I’ve had to tone that down. Tied in with this is that I’m always looking out for police cars so I don’t speed in their immediate vicinity, ya’know?
3. I can’t drive with my left hand, which sucks when driving stick shift. It is so inconvenient but I just can’t. I think it’s because I don’t really have left arm strength so when I drive stick shift I (mainly) only use my right hand to drive. I do use my left to hold the wheel when shifting gears but it can’t stay there for long.
4. I don’t use my directional unless it’s necessary. What is necessary? I’ll use it during bad temperature (so snow, rain, thick fog), when there is a car directly behind me (vs 20 feet away), during the driving test, and when I remember it exists.
5. I’m more comfortable driving on the fast lane, which is on the far left. It’s usually faster because slow drivers use the other two lanes. Plus, if there’s any type of accident we can just swerve to the left and into the shoulder (not that that’s saved me before but you know lol) The only time I don’t like to drive there is when there’s been rain because all the water accumulates there
6. I BLAST THE MUSIC when there’s lot of traffic and I’m driving in it. And I don’t just mean I put it up loud. I mean I turn it up til my car is vibrating and pounding loud. I’m sure other drivers appreciate my service to them ^^. The only exception to this is if I’m with someone else. If I have a passenger I talk (a lot)
7. When it gets too hot, I open the back windows instead of the front ones. I just really don’t like the noise that opening the front ones makes. Too much noise means I have to yell with my copilot or turn up the music when I don’t feel like listening to loud music. Plus, the air flows a little better that way.
And there you have it guys! Some of my driving habits~
I won’t nominate anyone this time around because I already did and at this point I feel like everyone I follow already did this award. Thanks for reading!