Hey guys! (๑>ᴗ<๑) So, while I was away on vacation (and away from civilization for 90% of the trip) I got a pleasant surprise of being nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you very much Daiyamanga (a great place for manga reviews, deals, and licensing news) for the nomination 😀
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Display the award on your blog (like under the widget options)
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers that you feel deserve the award (who have less than 200 followers)
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees
- Contact your nominees and inform them you have nominated them for the award!
Also, don’t forget to repost the rules somewhere in your post
- Have you ever watched any J-dramas?
- I have, my first and only was Hana Kimi. I watched the Taiwanese drama (so hilarious, loved it, recommend it!) and then found that there was a Japanese version. I decided I’d check it out only to not find all the episodes…! So I watched like half of it? Probably. I should probably look into that again, haha. Other than that I usually don’t watch because I’m not sure if I’ll like them…any recommendations?
- Name an author or mangaka who you consider a legend
- I don’t think I consider anyone a LEGEND, simply because I haven’t stumbled upon an OMG series but I do have a lot of favorites. Oh, and I did hear the Bleach manga is epic so that may be an option one day.
- Do you prefer physical media or digital?
- I am a collector! So physical 🙂 With manga, it’s easier to read and if I have a DVD I don’t have to worry about having internet or not. Though sometimes digital is more convenient, hmmm…
- Are you more likely to be the boke (funny man) or tsukkomi (straight man)?
- Uhhh…I don’t really know too much about these terms…but according to wiki I may possibly be both depending on the situation? (is that an option, haha)
- Is there an anime/manga that made you laugh for all the wrong reason?
- Name a series where the original manga was better than the anime
- All of them. Or at least 99.9% of them, haha. Hmmm, yeah so Tokyo Ghoul, Pandora Hearts, 07 Ghost, Black Butler, Umineko When They Cry, Skip Beat, Noragami, Haikyuu, etc!! There’s usually better development in the manga which just makes me fangirl nonstop (not to mention that the art gets SO GOOD and I like to see that change)
- Now name a series where the anime is better than the original manga
- I don’t know? Lol. I used to only watch anime so there’s a list of anime I’ve not read the manga for. Uhm, I did hear that Kuroko no Basket’s manga was really good but even if it was I think the anime is EPIC. So maybe that one…if I really like the anime then chances are the manga is just as good or better
- Do you play visual novels?
- Not regularly (if at all). I’d really like to but I don’t really know much about them (like what’s the best system to play them on, which ones are recommended, etc). I do own Starfighter: Eclipse which I played for a night. I stopped because I was almost finished collecting all the ‘special content’ (is this what it’s called?). Oh, and I briefly had a look at Umineko When they Cry (manga link), which I didn’t really like since it was just a word-for-word game of the manga.
- What’s your favorite pie?
- Is this code for something? Trick question? Haha. I actually don’t eat pies since my mom has all of us on a strict no sugar (or close to no sugar) diet. But if I had to pick I’d say it’s the pie my friend gave me for my birthday back when we were in high school. It might have been an apple pie. Oh, and the strawberry cheesecake or creme pie from McDonalds is good too! Hooray for strawberries and cheesecake tasting things 😀
- If you could appear on any game show or reality show, what would it be?
- I don’t really watch that stuff so none? Haha, sorry, real people shows just don’t really appeal to me. Movies being the exception
- Name a character whom you would NOT want to be on your team in a game show
- Sorry, what’s a game show? Maybe if I were assigned one (so I could research it), I’d be able to better answer this, haha (or do they all work the same?)
- I like to buy stationery and end up using only like 20% of what I get (the rest either disappears or is stored for some reason)
- I’ve dropped my phone so many times and in so many weird places that I’m afraid to carry my phone in my pockets
- I always make plans to do things and never really follow up on them (this blog is probably the exception)
- I cannot keep a conversation going to save my life! (can’t start one either)
- I am REALLY forgetful and get confused on what I did on what day (timelines)
- I’m minoring in history, which was my worst subject in high school
- I own a sports car that I only use every now and then
- I like to dream about a future where I’m eventually rich (which is highly unlikely)
- I used to drink my coffee with cream and sugar but nowadays I drink it with some cream or black
- The only ‘womanly’ trait I have is that I’m good at cleaning but I avoid it as much as I can (I’m lazy)
- I’m wondering if I’m majoring in the right field (studio art) because all I really want to do is make fan art and studio art is all about ‘meaning’ and society
My Nominees! I’m trying to find people with less than 200 followers but sometimes I can’t see how many followers a blog has >.< I’m also trying not to renominate people…not sure if I’m succeeding, haha
Wow, finding new people was a bit harder than what I thought it would be (or maybe I’m just bad with searches), but alas, I’ve found some awesome people to follow! 😀 (and you guys should check them out too)
( •̀ω•́ )σ Your questions!
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What are some of your hobbies outside of anime-related stuff?
- What are some of your OTPs/FavCouples and why are they your favorite?
- What is your opinion on being called/considered an otaku/weeaboo?
- What are some characteristics you like in main characters?
- Is there a certain format you follow with your reviews and do you find it hard to always stick with that style?
- Are you mostly an anime enthusiast or do you delve into anime/manga scholarship?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (You can’t pick Japan bwahahahaha)
- When you listen to music, how important are the lyrics in deciding if you like a song?
- How do you juggle anime into your life’s schedule? Does it take up a lot of your time?
- What is one of your life’s dreams and how do you plan to accomplish it?
AND that ends this post! I would have liked to nominate 11 people but I couldn’t find anyone else @_@ (and some of the people I wanted to nominate either had too many followers or had already been nominated) however, if you read this and think any of my questions are interesting then I’d love to read your answers for them!